Job Title: EHS Manager
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Reviewed: September 15, 2021
Summary/Objectives: The EHS Manager provides professional expertise in the operation of safety and environmental programs to help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, national consensus standards, and Pelco Products Inc. safety policies and procedures. Identifies, researches, provides recommendations and implements best practices to minimize accidents/injuries and improve environmental health of workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Work with all levels within organization to define corporate environmental, health and safety strategies that promote compliance with the company’s core values and industry standards.
- Implement corporate strategies regarding safety and environmental compliance policies, programs, procedures, processes and tools.
- Direct and facilitate compliance with laws and regulations and corporate policies through coordination of safety and environmental programs at the corporate level. These include but not limited to: Hazard Communication (SDS), Exposure Control, Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory Protection, Chemical Hygiene, Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space Entry and Emergency Action Plans.
- Establish, implement and administer document standardization and control programs and procedures for the capture, storage, retrieval and sharing of internal regulatory, technical, operational, environmental, health and safety documents.
- Collaborate with operations to assure implementation of incident management, accident investigation and audit compliance management system needs of the organization.
- Manage the infrastructure of the incident recording application and compliance management system and associated data management tools, resources and metrics, including methods to capture injuries, accidents, near misses, DART, TRIR, etc.
- Promote the development of an “incident free” Safety culture through education and training and by responding to inquiries, suggestions and complaints.
- Provide direct and indirect management and development of personnel including the observation and facilitation of correct methods to performing work tasks.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of company, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Responsible for all internal and external EHS training for employees including Safety Talks, Paycom Learning, etc.
- Maintains contractor insurance verification and training documentation.
- Oversees safety initiatives such as safety committee and safety meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality related to employee issues and environmental and safety/security issues.
- Responsible for managing environmental compliance programs including ability and expertise to conduct periodic compliance reports as well as various permits for ODEQ and EPA.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Safety & Environmental laws, codes, regulations and how these are applied in a practical situation.
- Ability to develop and execute safety programs
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Time Management Skills
- Results Driven
- Must be a good communicator (written and verbal) and able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external parties.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and willing to make decisions.
- Above average computer skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university;
- Minimum two years direct relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Safety and Environmental laws, codes, regulations and how they are applied in a practical situation.
- OSHA 511 and/or OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
- Background in the development and execution of Safety programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to stand for long periods of time and occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier items utilizing a team lift. Required Personal Protective Equipment includes, but is not limited to, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toe shoes, respirator mask, and coveralls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne contaminants, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Work environment is not climate-controlled. The noise level may exceed permissible exposure limit and hearing protection may be required. There may be potential exposure during response to chemical incidents, bodily injury incidents, and other emergency situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-Time. Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 5:00AM – 4:00PM. Hours are subject to change at any time to meet business needs.
Travel: Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Safety Sensitive Position: This position is a safety-sensitive position as defined in the Pelco Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy and 63 Okla. Stat. § 427.8(K)(1).
To apply: EHS Manager (paycomonline.net)