Position: Manager Safety and Health
Location: Deseret Cattle Feeders, Garden City KS
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Safety Manager” in the subject line.
Company: This position is based out of Garden City, Kansas, with responsibilities for cattle ranches and farms across the Central and Eastern United States. Deseret Cattle Feeders is a 40,000 head capacity feedlot located 30 minutes south of Garden City, KS, and is part of Deseret Ranches, the Cattle Division of AgReserves, Inc. AgReserves is a multi-national, multi-corporate company that operates investment farms and ranches throughout the world.
Description: Reporting to the Safety, Health, & Environmental Director in the corporate office, the Safety and Health Manager develops and administers safety procedures, programs, and practices for the assigned geographic stewardship and is an active participant of the local management team(s). Functions as advisor to local management on regulatory issues and together ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations with focus on continuous improvement of safety practice. Also participates on company-wide initiatives as appropriate. A majority of this position’s time is spent in the field with employees. This position will have ~25% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Eight years progressive experience in developing and managing safety and health programs.
- Incident investigation expertise.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills (writing, presentation, and data organization).
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Ability to train, influence, and motivate team members.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), and/or Associate Safety Professional (ASP).
- Bilingual in Spanish / English.
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification.
- CPR & First Aid Trainer Certification.
- Ranching, Dairy, Feedlot, Farming, or agricultural processing experience.
Salary/Benefits:Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full-time employees receive excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, Disability, Pension Benefits (401K and Defined Contribution Plan) and Flex-Spending. In addition, we offer paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Safety Manager” in the subject line.
The specific statements shown in this job description are not intended to be all- inclusive, but represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. AgReserves, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.