WISE has been established to foster the advancement of women in the SH&E profession. This will be accomplished through:
- Fostering an environment that allows members to share ideas
- Ongoing evaluation of the state of women in the SH&E profession
- Mentoring women in the SH&E profession
- Networking to strengthen professional relationships
- Obtaining professional certifications
- Promoting the development and peer review of written material related to issues specific to women in the workplace as well as within the SH&E profession
For more information about WISE: http://www.assp.org/practicespecialties/wise/
During Safety 2020, the Oklahoma City ASSP WISE Section was awarded the Gold Award and Jennifer Styx received one of the ASSP WISE Mentoring Awards. Congratulations to Jennifer Styx and Betsey Kulakowski for all their hard work on this Section.
2023 – 2024 OKC Chapter WISE Meetings & Events
09/20/2023 – 7:00- 8:00 pm Virtual Happy Hour – Zoom
10/20/2023 – Virtual Lunch and Learn – Speaker Dr. Leslie Stockel – Topic TBD
11/2023 – Community Service Opportunity
12/08/2023 – Toys for Tots at the December Chapter Meeting.
This small group meeting allows for connections between EOSH professionals to discuss the topic and recent events. This ASSP common interest group meeting is open to both men and women.
OKC Chapter WISE Local Liaisons contact information:
Phone: (281) 900-2913
Phone: (405) 818-4961